Due to the nature of MATSim simulation results, Via is optimized to visualize large data sets containing spatial and temporal data. This functionality can also be used without any MATSim data, but with arbitrary custom data sets. The most common of such data are GPS tracks of vehicles or persons.
- Visualize millions of data points
- Customize size, color and symbol based on attribute values
- Show points only at certain times, based on attribute values
- Dynamically interpolate locations of data points
- Animate locations to represent vehicle or person movements
Together with the Aggregator plugin, various analyses regarding the spatial and temporal distribution of recorded data points can be done.